Friday, June 5, 2009

Ending Chapters

Yesterday I went and packed up the rest of my classroom. I have not for one second doubted the fact that I want to stay home with Grapeseed. It was scary to actually resign, not to have that security of a paycheck, but I didn't even think about the not teaching anymore. Yesterday after all the boxes were in the car, Grapeseed and I stood waiting for the elevator, it hit me...I'm not a teacher anymore. I'm sure at some point I may miss it, but that's not even it. It's the fact that this chapter in my life is over. I'm sure that one day there will be a new teaching chapter (maybe a subbing chapter next school year?), but for now it's, "and they lived happily ever after!" I told my Mama and Steve that it took me 3 years of college to get my degree and I taught for 8 years and 2 months, I think I got my money's worth ; )

Here is our original SLE Pregnancy Club & my last "teacher" picture:


We also said goodbye to GS's carrier car seat. She is out growing it. Here is a picture of the first day she used it and the last:





On a much funny note- After I left school yesterday and was half way home my phone rang. Regina asked if I had forgotten anything. "No." "Really, I have your stroller!" LOL!!! I had parked the stroller on the sidewalk, took everything out, got GS, changed her diaper in the car, strapped her in the car seat and drove off. I was a little embarrassed, I just left it there on the sidewalk. Luckily I have a good friend! Thanks Regina! We went over and picked up the stroller today and GS got to take her first ride in her new car seat:

4 comments:

Regina said...

At least you didn't forget the most important thing...GS!!! Don't be embarassed. I'm sure I'll do the same thing, and hopefully you'll be there to grab my stroller for me :o)

Lopez Family said...

School won't be the same next year without my pregnancy club!

Robyn THE Mama Lion said...

Nice car seat!!!! I wonder who got you a deal on it??? LOL on forgetting the stroller....you wanted out of there and FAST :)

Amber said...

Grapeseed is growing up so fast!!! and I think its great you chose to stay home with her cant get there baby years back and your not going to miss out on any of her firsts :)