Saturday, June 6, 2009

Beach Baby

Our first trip to the beach! Today we took Grapeseed to the beach. Steve wanted to check out Melbourne Beach, neither of us had ever been. They have a cute little shopping area that we planned to visit, but only drove past. We did have lunch at a NYC style pizza place on the beach that Snowbirds swear is the real deal. The pizza was really good, huge slices!

After lunch we unload our stuff from the car and picked our spot on the beach. As soon as we set GS down she immediately grabbed a hand full of sand. She LOVED the sand. I couldn't even get her to "cheese" for a picture she was so into the sand. We had a little trouble with our umbrella wanting to blow away and then GS with her hands covered in sand, rubbed her eyes! Luckily I don't think she really got any in her eyes b/c she only cried when we held her hands down to wipe her face and clean her hands and stopped when we let her go. But, that was enough excitement for one day. So, Grapeseed and I headed to the shower to rise the sand off her while Steve packed up our stuff. When we made it back to the car we had been on the beach for a little over 30 minutes! It's like my Mama says, "If you do everything now, there's nothing left but drugs."

Papa John-here is a picture for you, you've been wanting her to get her hands dirty.

ps. GS's cute Hawaiian outfit is actually from Hawaii! Thanks Robyn!

3 comments:

Amber said...

LOL those are great pics of her first time at the beach and I love her outfit and ya'lls matching hats 2 cute :) MJ tried to do the same thing with the sand when we took him

Lopez Family said...

Love the pictures! I can't wait to take Olivia to the beach. I hope she likes it as much as GS.

Robyn THE Mama Lion said...

SERIOUSLY...HOW CUTE!!!! Yes I am shouting that!!!!! I'm glad Grapeseed is getting good use out of the outfit! Your Mama is like Mama and says "What do they have to look forward to, if they do everything now?" Your Mama's is funnier though ;)