This was Grape Seed's first time leaving the state and being on a plane.

Everyone was very impressed at how well she behaved on the plane, during the church services, and dealing with the 3 hour time change. What can I say, she has traveling in the blood! Here she is handling the paparazzi at LAX with grace ; )
With this being our first trip for "the three of us" I lost sleep over what to pack. Steve and I have traveled enough together that we can go for a week packed together in a medium suitcase. For the same amount of time Grape Seed had a HUGE duffle bag and two diaper bags ; ) I borrowed an infant travel bed b/c I was worried about where she would sleep and we didn't use it once. Where does a baby sleep in a unfamiliar environment? In the bed with Mama of course ; ) Although I did pack a LOT I didn't take her bath tub ; ) So, she had her first bath in the sink!

Debbie helped me give Grape Seed a bath. We stayed with Steve's cousin Frankie, his wife Debbie, their two children B & K. They have a beautiful home in Burbank and cook a delicious breakfast and made us feel so welcomed.

They also live just a few blocks from "It's a Wrap." This a store that sells clothing items used in movies/TV shows. When we were there they were selling items from one of my favorite shows Ugly Betty!

On Sunday we went to Sprinkles Cupcakes in Beverly Hills. This is the same Sprinkles Cupcakes that you may have seen on Girls Next Door, not to be confused with the FL "Sprinkles." The cupcakes are so good (and the place has been on tv ; ) that there is a line outside to get in! We actually went back on Tuesday (a line again).

On Monday Grape Seed turned 20 weeks old!

She spent her first St. Patrick's Day hanging out with family in Burbank and attending B's band concert.
Wednesday morning while we were getting ready to head to the airport Grape Seed discovered a new toy...her feet! She has been grabbing at them every since.
Grape Seed had a lot "firsts" on this trip and I too learned some new things. For one I learned why celebrities use drugs....it's the LA Freeways!!! They are so scary!!! I told my Mama they are like Atlanta traffic on crack. The speed limit was 55 mph, Steve was driving 65 mph, and people were passing us like we were tied to a tree, cutting in an out of 5 lanes of traffic. Did I mention this was after 11pm?! There is always traffic! Now, if you saw how scared I was or heard the panic in my voice as I "helped" Steve drive and requested we take "surface" streets, you would think this was my first experience with LA Freeways. No, this was my 4th time, BUT, my first time as a Mom with my baby in the car. That makes a WORLD of difference!
The second thing I learned is NEVER FLY WITH A HEAD COLD!!!! I thought my eye was going to pop out of my head and someone was stabbing me in the ear with a knife. On Tuesday I started to not feel well and during our landing on Wednesday night, I learned this very valuable lesson.
Although the circumstance that brought us together was heart wrenching, I'm glad that Grape Seed was able to meet family members from CA, UT, and AZ. Her first trip was very smooth (I'm sure this had a little something to do with the fact that we traveled with Steve's whole family; Mom, Dad, sister, and 2 brothers). She is a good little traveler!






2 comments:
I'm sorry for the reason, but glad she traveled so well! I love the pictures and can't wait to see more.
Im so sorry for ya'lls loss but im glad she did so well on the plane i prayed for ya'll to be safe. Theres nothing like having your baby in the car now its white knukles all the way. Those were neat places to go I would like to go to sprinkles from girls next door those cupcakes look awesome :)
Post a Comment