Saturday my nephews had ball games. My Daddy, brother, and cousin coach my nephew's t-ball team and my oldest nephew plays in the pitching machine league. It was great to be able to go to their games (Camp Blanding is about 45 mins from Macclenny). We were also able to visit with some family members at the ball fields. In fact, I saw people I hadn't seen in years! I was able to introduce Grape Seed to a lot of Macclenny folks!
We camped in my parent's camper. Now some may say it is not "camping" when you have air condition, bathroom, microwave, but there is only one bedroom and we had to sleep on the fold out couch. Believe me that couch was "roughing" it ; ) Sunday it ended up being pretty cool out and cold in the shade. 4:30 am Monday morning Grape Seed woke up and it was cold, so I covered her with a blanket which she tried to pull over her head. So, she ended up in bed with us. Then there was three people in that bed! The reason it turned off cold was a storm came through Saturday night. Guess where we slept during the storm...my parents' house!! I didn't think it was smart to stay in the camper with gust of winds predicted to be up to 50 miles per hour! Like I said, Macclenny was not that far away, so we headed back Saturday night. First thing Sunday morning...back to the lake.
My nephews loved on Grape Seed. E (he's 2) would grab her and kiss her. Then he would say he is getting a baby sister. My brother and Brooke came to the camp ground each day. I tried to get my brother to practice his diaper changing skills, his little bundle of joy will be here soon enough. Here is Grape Seed "loving" on J:
We mostly just hung around the campsite and relaxed. My Daddy, Steve, and J went fishing. My nephew J (he's 7) would fish all day, every day if he could. My nephew A (he's 5) and Steve had a bike race around the entire camp ground. Steve rode J's bike! Of course my Mama cooked for everyone. Steve loves it when my Mama cooks bacon. E & A swam Saturday afternoon (before it turned colder Sunday), but the water was too cold for me! There is a museum right before you enter the guard gate. They have an inside museum and memorials and equipment on display outside. Today before we came home we walked around the museum grounds. We had a great time. I love that my family can all get together like this. I feel that it is important and I don't want to miss watching my sister's and brother's children grow up either. I LOVE my family!
22 Weeks Old- Today Grape Seed is 22 Weeks Old. Here she is getting ready for bed. Look how long (tall) she is getting!









1 comment:
It looks like you had a great weekend! I love the pics of Grape Seed with her cousins...so sweet.
Post a Comment