Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pool + Cowgirl = Fun!

It has taken a year, but I finally talked Steve into letting me have a pool. He said it is a ghetto/redneck pool, yet he was the first one to swim in it ; ) This weekend my parents, Gran & Papa John, came for a visit and helped with the pool too!

Waiting for Steve to finish clearing the ground for the pool.
Papa-why did you put me in here!

The advertisement said it only takes 30 minutes until you're ready to fill with water....don't believe everything you read ; ) It took my Mama and I that long to put the ladder together ; )



After working on the pool yesterday I took my parents to show them the park where we are going to have Grapeseed's first birthday party. Then we headed to Papa John's Disney World...The Bass Pro Shop! GS dressed for the occiassion (also, she is trying to talk Papa into buying her a horse!).



After the Bass Pro Shop we went in a swimsuit store. When we were leaving the sales lady waved good-bye to GS and she waved back! Steve and I have been waving at her for months and her first wave is to a stranger!

Back at home I took a pic of GS and her Bass Pro purchase...remember she has 4 boy cousins who hunt, so if you can't beat 'em...get a pink pistol ; )


Now all this little cowgirl needs is a horse!


The pool was filled by this morning, but it rainned most of the day, so we have yet to enjoy our new pool. We did,however, enjoy our weekend with Gran and Papa John!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Awwww she is so cute :)
and hey a pool is a pool in my book :) I broke down and bought one thats a lil smaller then that one and it took me forever to get it set up right but i finnally managed it :) Looks like ya'll had a great visit

Sharen said...

Time sure does fly! You know the last time I held her was in the hospital? I need to hold her! =) She is so precious!