Saturday, July 4, 2009

America's Sweetheart Celebrates the 4th



What a fun first 4th for our family of 3! We spent the afternoon and evening at Steve's friend Joey's house.

Luckily Grapeseed took a good morning nap, because she stayed up to see the fireworks. She was able to catch a few minutes of shut eye late in the afternoon.


Most of the day was spent in the pool. GS loves the water!


Grapeseed's friend J (Doodlebug) was there too.


Steve played volleyball and jumped off the top of the grotto.


I enjoyed going down the slide, many times! Luckily we don't have a picture of that b/c I got a face full of water every time : ) GS didn't go on the slide this time, maybe next summer?


Joey set off fireworks from his back patio. Being that close, they were very LOUD! Steve, Grapeseed, and I went around to the front driveway to watch them. I cover GS's ears and she was mesmerized, or maybe just extremely overly tired ; )


What a great day! Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Amber said...

not even one and already goin to celebrity bashes :) looks like a very fun day and im jealous of that pool lol

Regina said...

Looks like fun!!! I can't believe GS stayed up to see fireworks!!!! DB was OUT!!! and slept threw all the noise of the fireworks :o)