
The actress playing Elphaba (the wicked witch of the west) had been playing her on Broadway and she was fantastic. The show was GREAT! Our seats were not that great,we were in the balcony.
Steve stayed at my parent's house with Grapeseed while my Mama and I went to the play. They enjoyed looking at all my Daddy's hunting dogs, the chicken coop, and seeing what was growing in the garden. Father-daughter-Papa John bonding time. While they enjoyed their Saturday together, that was the farthest and longest I had ever been away from Grapeseed. ; )
Sunday morning we went to church with my parents. This is the church I grew up in and where Steve and I were married. Steve and I had been talking about GS's baby dedication. We do attend church fairly regularly in Orlando, but we don't know anyone yet. So, we decided to have GS's baby dedication at FBG. A baby dedication is where you go before the church and ask them to pray for you that you will raise your child to know God. There is no ceremony, no baptism, just a commitment that you will raise your child in a Christian home. Sunday was "Celebration Sunday" at church, kind of like homecoming. The service was running longer than usual. Grapeseed was beginning to get a little fussy. I was thinking she may fuss while the preacher prayed for us, but NOOOOO! As soon as we were standing in front of the church, in front of all those people...SMILES!!! Coooing!!! She is a natural performer or politician ; ) Bro. Randy said a nice prayer as GS's shoe fell off and landed on his foot!


Grapeseed got to see our cousin MJ, who is also 6 months old. He grabbed the bow on her dress, she grabbed his shoe!


(love his suit)My Mama and Her Sister (my Aunt, of course) show off the grandkids ; )


Of course Grapeseed had to have her picture taken with my birthday buddy R!

After church we went to the hospital to see J IV. He is now 2 weeks old and has been taken off of everything except a feeding tube. It is too much for him to eat all his food from a bottle, he gets too tired. He is up to 3 bottles a day, when he gets up to 8 he will get to go home. Please keep him and my brother and sister-in-law in your prayers. J IV is CUTE!!! Sunday he weighed 5lbs 8 oz, GS had lost down to that (she was 5 lbs 14 oz at birth) and I remember when she was that small. J IV is now in a regular baby bed and is by a window in the speical care nursery, so Brooke raised the blinds so we could take a peek at my handsome nephew. Grapeseed even got to see him. The nurses couldn't believe that she too had been a preemie ; )


yes, J IV is wearing a camouflage hat! Brooke got a picture from inside the nursery of Grapeseed looking in at her cousin.
I love going "home" and visiting my family and friends! I've got one more family member on the way, my first niece...



2 comments:
It was so nice to see ya'll and it was a beautiful dedication :)
Grapeseed is a beautiful little girl.Just so you know I'm so stealing these pics lol..
Great pictures! You look gorgeous in that dress! And GS is adorable as always!
Post a Comment