Wednesday Grape Seed received her first set of shots and I survived ; ) She did great too ; ) First the doctor did the exam and I quickly grabbed my list of questions. He being use to first time parents, took my list and when down it answering the questions. This was a rough draft....ignore the spelling ; ) He said the hernia will heal on it's own. I just pray that is heals soon. After the exam the nurses came in and they were ready! There was a nurse on each side of Grape Seed w/me in the middle holding her hand and talking to her per my instructions from the nurse. The nurse to my right said, "I'm going with one." And about 10 seconds later all 5 shots were done. They have the routine down! Giving shots at the same time. Of course Grape Seed cried during the shots, but as soon as I picked her up she stop cold turkey. To my surprise, I didn't cry. If you know me, you know that I am a cryer. Any sad movie, story, commercial...tears! But, I've learned something about myself, when it is important I don't cry, example: Wedding day, didn't cry until after; Giving birth, didn't cry until the day we left the hospital; baby's first shots, didn't cry, only teared up a little once everyone left the room.
As you know I was WORRIED about Grape Seed having a reaction to the shots. Well, God answered my prayers and we have had no reactions!!!!!! I can't imagine raising a child w/out prayer!
And now her official weight....drum roll please.... 12 lbs and 13 oz! She is now 22 inches long. Her height is in the 30% and her weight is in the 90%, which means...We are still on the farm!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment